Seeking the Straying and Welcoming the Wandering
Every Sunday at 9:15 am in the Fellowship Hall
Led by Pastor Wagner
All of us know someone who has wandered from the spiritual fold. How can we encourage them to come back? And how will we treat them when they return, so that they keep coming back to hear God's Word and worship and serve our Lord with us?
Galatians and Justification
Every Monday at 1:00 pm in the Church Library
Led by Pastor Belter
St. Paul wrote in Galatians 1:8: “Even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!” The gospel was under attack in Galatia, as it is in our world today. In this study, we are studying the book of Galatians, with its important focus on that precious gospel
Jesus' "I AM" Statements
Third Saturday of Each Month at 6:30 pm
Hosted in the Homes of Riverview Members
Led by Riverview Pastors
Borrowing a significant phrase from God's covenant relationship with Israel, Jesus often used the words, "I AM..." to compare himself to a familiar person or object. We will examine these profound words Jesus used to describe himself and their significance for our faith and life.
- September 21 - "I am the I AM" - Hosted by Mark & Sue Raschka, led by Pastor Wagner
- October 19 - "I am the Bread of Life" - Hosted by Pastor & Rhoda Belter, led by Pastor Belter
- November 16 - "I am the Light of the World" - Hosted by Terry & Julie Wing, led by Pastor Belter
- December 14 - "I am the Gate" - Hosted by Steve & Betty Lehmann, led by Pastor Belter
- January 18 - "I am the Good Shepherd" - Hosted by Dave & Jo Vannieuwenhoven, led by Pastor Wagner
- February 15 - "I am the Resurrection and the Life" - Hosted by Dave & Jill Miller, led by Pastor Wagner
- March 21 = "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life" - Host TBD, led by Pastor Wagner
- April 25 - "I am the Vine" - Hosted by Mark & Sandy Diersen, led by Pastor Wagner
- May 16 - "I am the Alpha and the Omega" - Hosted TBD, led by Pastor Belter
- Click Here to Volunteer to serve as a host.
Will the Real Jesus Please Stand Up?
First Tuesday of Each Month at 6:30 pm
Led by Pastor Wagner
Participants will purchase a copy of the book and read a designated section to discuss each month. Here is a preview of the book we will be studying in the coming months:
When’s the last time you stepped up to the counter and ordered one medium-size Jesus, extra generous, and heavy on the bling? Or maybe you like your Jesus supersized! No? Perhaps you prefer yours extra small, and hold the onion please.
Here’s the same question: When’s the last time you took a hammer and a chisel to the Jesus of the Bible and formed Him into your own personal Jesus?
Will the Real Jesus Please Stand Up?, by Matthew Richard, not only reminds us who the real Jesus of the Bible is, but it also reveals to us twelve false christs who are embraced, loved, promoted, and revered—even by well-meaning Christians.
Participants may order the book themselves (in paperback or Kindle format) from CPH.org, Amazon.com, or another bookseller.
High school & Middle School
Every Sunday at 9:15 am
High School Bible Study Led by Mr. Witte in the School Library
Middle School Bible Study Led by Various Teachers in Mr. Witte's Classroom
Our High School (Gr 9-12) and Middle School (Gr 6-8) Bible Studies strive to give young people a setting to dig into the Scriptures and discuss how they provide comfort, guidance, strength, and encouragement for the ups and downs that Christians face from youth into adulthood.
Bible Basics classes
These classes offer a review of the Christian faith for long-time members and an introduction to the faith for those who are interested in membership or simply curious about what we believe and teach. They are scheduled at various times throughout the year. New classes will begin in October. If you are interested in participating, contact Pastor Wagner or Pastor Belter.